Vleugels van Hoop

 
Vleugels van Hoop
 
Welcome - Who are we? - How to help? - Projects - Actions - Press New - Contact us - FAQ

 

 

 


Kicukiro Rwanda 2018
Follow-up october 2018
Images

 

 

 

 

MACPELLA – Soap and juice production

Location:                       Kicukiro – Kigali - Rwanda

Project leadtime:         24 months

Requestor:                    Christophe Uwitije for Education for All

Description of the project:

"Education for All " plans activities for unemployed youngsters, pupils and students (during vacations) to combat drug abuse and other harmful behaviour in the society. The coaching of the young people, in particular with revenue-generating activities, can create a change in behaviour. Macpella soap and juice production is one of the activities initiated by the youngsters of Kicukiro themselves to help their own development and those of their communities.

Objectives:

  • Combat drug abuse and harmful behaviour in the society
  • Establishing a rotating microcredit system (the first project finances the following one etc….)
  • Development of the community in education (the first group of youngsters will educate the next group about general accepted best practices in management)

Beneficiaries:

The project plans the creation of jobs in different parts of the country in a rotating approach. A financed project will pay back the full funding to allow the start of a new project. This will create connections, a network, between different projects and groups of youngsters.

Budget:

4.375.000 RwFr (4.375 €)

Risks:

Daily price fluctuations

Attached documents:

Detailed budget

Top


Follow-up of the project

Date:                Oct 14th 2018
 
Name project:  Project 90 – Education for all - Macpella soap & juice production
                        

General status:

The project is going on well; the market is growing at an unexpected rate. There some challenges regarding packaging, but solutions are being found.

Progress since last status report:

We decided to implement the project in 3 phases to better track the progress and at the same time learn and correct where necessary. We have completed phase 1 and are in the 2nd phase. After the 1st phase we learned that some of the budget items exceeded the budgeted cost, some matched and some were lower to the plan  but the overall performance as planned.
The second phase is planned to cost Rwf 450,000, it’s sheet will be shared on the second phase reporting date.

Financial status:
 
The first phase has so far cost Rwf 946,600 and funds are managed for the benefit of the beneficiaries.

Problems/concerns:

After a slow start of the product selling marketing was improved and market share is growing satisfactorily.
Another concern was the packaging because of high packaging materials costs, reducing the profit margin. We’re constantly working on solutions to tackle this.

Attached documents (pictures, reçu’s,…):

Invoices, pictures

Top


Images

Top